CrunchBase is the world’s most comprehensive dataset of startup activity and it’s accessible to everyone. Founded in 2007 by Mike Arrington, CrunchBase began as a simple crowd sourced database to track startups covered on TechCrunch. Today you’ll find more than 600k profiles of people and companies that are maintained by tens of thousands of contributors.
3 investment styles exist in venture capital:
1. Invest in people
2. Invest in technology
3. Invest in markets
As an early stage investor, you must double down on your strategy & optimize your time accordingly.
Otherwise you will see the same deals as everyone else.
Today in VC history:
- @Twitter raised $5M in its Series A round (2007)
- @Jet raised $55M in a Series A (2014)
- @Github raised $250M in its Series B (2015)
- @BeyondMeat closed its Series D round (2014)
- @Twilio raised $130M in a Series E deal (2015)